Salary: £80,000 – £100,000
Job Type: Permanent
Our clients are looking to recruit for a Sales Director to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating new business that will contribute the top and bottom-line growth of the Company.
The Sales Director will be tasked with identifying, cold calling and managing the sales cycle of opportunities. You will work closely with all key stakeholders across the business in pitching new business opportunities as they reach the appropriate stage of the sales cycle.
The role is UK wide however it is anticipated that the majority of time will be spent in the Midlands covering both the SME market together with targeted large corporations.
- Selling – Identify, cold call and generate meetings with new prospects that will lead to high conversion to sale with a cadence 2-4 major sales pitches per month with the Deputy MD and senior leadership.
- Sales Strategy – create and own the sales strategy and plan that will deliver on new business targets, aligning to key categories that have been identified by the business.
- Sales Pipeline – ensuring the integrity of the sales pipeline including forecasting on a 90 day rolling basis.
- Market Feedback – continuously provide market feedback that will help develop the company offers to meet the needs of prospective clients.
- Networking & Entertainment – identify, organize and attend a number of networking and entertainment events throughout the year and manage follow up with prospective clients through the sales pipeline process.
- Target distressed agencies where we would build a partnership to assist in these difficult times and secure sales.
- Target any clients directly where agencies have failed or credit/finance seems an issue and secure sales.
- Target specific known contacts across sectors such as Retail, Public bodies, Education, Finance and Leisure within the Midlands footprint where enhanced offerings could secure spends from the Regional Press, Radio and Outdoor marketplaces and convert.
- Target clients across the UK for the same sectors and again sell the digital services to these.
- Look at lead generation options to assist the business.
- Additional areas to be provided as required to enhance and drive success for the business.
Skills and Abilities:
- The successful candidate must have experience in selling broad media solutions including both old and new media to SME and large corporations
- Must be a team player in order to engage and direct resources to ensure a successful conclusion
- Highly competitive and ambitious with a track record of being a sole-contributor in the marketing agency landscape.
- High levels of professionalism and integrity
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and analytic competence.
- Deep industry knowledge, understanding and experience
- Competitive base salary
- Car allowance or similar
- Commission plan with no cap on earnings
- Private Healthcare and benefits inc Pension upon successful completion of probation