Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary: Depending on Experience
Job Type: Permanent
Our clients are looking to take on an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their busy Accounts team. You will be responsible for providing finance and administration support within the accounts payable team, working from their office based just outside of Stratford-upon-Avon. Hybrid working is considered, with two days per week in the office. They are looking for someone who has previous experience within a similar role, who will be able to come in and hit the ground running to support this department.
- Accurate processing of high volume scrap and haulage supplier invoices
- Accurate processing of supplier invoices against site purchase orders
- Ability to process multiple currency invoices
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Review debit balances
- Respond to internal and external emails and telephone queries promptly and accurately
- Scanning electronic supplier invoice
- Support for setup of supplier accounts with associated compliance checks when required
- Support for daily, weekly payment runs
- Bank reconciliations
- Site cash
- Ensure SOPs are adhered to
- Assist with HMRC, Internal and External audit requests
- Produce accurate and timely reports in line the company policy
- Adherence to strict monthly deadlines
The sucessfull candidate will have the following:
- Strong IT skills, in particular excel, word and outlook.
- Previous experience of volume purchase ledger invoice processing
- Previous experience processing payment runs
You will also have exceptional organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. You will also be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable with strong written and verbal communication skills. Good problem solving skills, combined with the ability to stay calm under pressure is also required.